Continuity of Care (COC)
When you switch health plans, you may be eligible to continue your care with your current doctors or medical groups. This is called Continuity of Care. You have 60 days after you are enrolled in this plan to request Continuity of Care.
Here is a list of conditions eligible for Continuity of Care:
- an acute condition;
- a serious chronic condition – up to twelve months;
- a pregnancy (including the duration of the pregnancy and immediate postpartum care);
- maternal mental health – up to 12 months from the diagnosis or from the end of the pregnancy;
- a newborn up to 36 months of age - up to 12 months;
- a terminal illness; or
- a surgery or other procedure that has been authorized and scheduled by your prior health plan as part of a documented course of treatment within 180 days of new plan effective date.
Continuity of Care Assistance Request Form
If you or family member(s) are enrolling in an HMO plan and are currently receiving ongoing medical treatment or treatment from a non-participating provider, call the dedicated customer contact center for LAUSD at 1-800-654-9821 as soon as possible. A representative will help you determine if you're eligible for continuity of care assistance.
If you are taking any of the drugs listed on the Prescription Transition form (below), fill it out, and return it to Health Net.
If you (or a covered family member) are getting mental health services or substance use disorder treatment, call MHN at (888) 935-5966 as soon as you can. If your current provider is not an MHN network provider, you will be connected with a care manager. This person will review your status and arrange for a medically appropriate transfer of your care to a MHN participating provider.
Health Net Customer Support