In addition to the State of California nondiscrimination requirements (as described in benefit coverage documents), Health Net of California, Inc. and Health Net Life Insurance Company (Health Net) comply with applicable federal civil rights laws and do not discriminate, exclude people or treat them differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, marital status, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or sex.
- Health Net's Nondiscrimination Notice - English (pdf)
- Health Net's Nondiscrimination Notice - Español (Spanish) (pdf)
- Provides free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, such as qualified sign language interpreters and written information in other formats (large print, accessible electronic formats, other formats).
- Provides free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as qualified interpreters and information written in other languages.
If you need these services, contact Health Net's Customer Contact Center at:
- Individual & Family Plan (IFP) Members On Exchange/Covered California 1-888-926-4988 (TTY: 711)
- Individual & Family Plan (IFP) Members Off Exchange 1-800-839-2172 (TTY: 711)
- Individual & Family Plan (IFP) Applicants 1-877-609-8711 (TTY: 711)
- Group Plans through Health Net 1-800-522-0088 (TTY: 711)
If you believe that Health Net has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way based on one of the characteristics listed above, you can file a grievance by calling Health Net’s Customer Contact Center at the number above and telling them you need help filing a grievance. Health Net’s Customer Contact Center is available to help you file a grievance. You can also file a grievance by mail, fax or email at:
Health Net of California, Inc./Health Net Life Insurance Company Appeals & Grievances
PO Box 10348
Van Nuys, CA 91410-0348
- Member.Discrimination.Complaints@healthnet.com (Members) or
- Non-Member.Discrimination.Complaints@healthnet.com (Applicants)
For HMO, HSP, EOA, and POS plans offered through Health Net of California, Inc.: If your health problem is urgent, if you already filed a complaint with Health Net of California, Inc. and are not satisfied with the decision or it has been more than 30 days since you filed a complaint with Health Net of California, Inc., you may submit an Independent Medical Review/Complaint Form with the Department of Managed Health Care (DMHC). You may submit a complaint form by calling the DMHC Help Desk at 1-888-466-2219 (TDD: 1-877-688-9891) or online at:
Department of Managed Health Care (DMHC) – File a Complaint.
For PPO and EPO plans underwritten by Health Net Life Insurance Company: You may submit a complaint by calling the California Department of Insurance at 1-800-927-4357 or online at:
California Department of Insurance – Getting Help.
If you believe you have been discriminated against because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex, you can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights (OCR), electronically through the OCR – Complaint Portal Assistant, or by mail or phone at:
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue SW, Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, DC 20201
Complaint forms are available at:
U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, Office for Civil Rights – Filing with OCR.