Maintenance Choice Pharmacy Program
(HMO Active Employees & Early Retirees)
The Maintenance Choice pharmacy program provides you with more convenience for filling your maintenance prescriptions (medicine taken regularly for long-term therapy or chronic conditions).
Note: this program only applies to filling maintenance medications. You can still fill 30-day non-maintenance prescriptions at any Health Net contracted pharmacy.
How does the program work? After the third fill of a maintenance medication at a network retail pharmacy, you are required to receive future refills (90-day supply) using either the CVS Caremark Mail Service Pharmacy or your local CVS Pharmacy retail location. The choice is up to you; the copayment is the same either way.
You can obtain your maintenance medications by either:
- Using the CVS Caremark Mail Service Pharmacy
- Complete and mail in the CVS Caremark order form (PDF)
- Call or have your doctor call (800) 875-0867. Be sure to have the medication name and your doctor's information handy (name, phone number and fax number if available).
- Ordering online. Register or Log in to our website. Under My Prescriptions, click on Pharmacy resources and choose New Mail Order Prescription, then select Request a new prescription. The mail order pharmacy will contact your doctor to obtain a prescription for up to a 90-day supply.
- Going to your local CVS Pharmacy retail location
Either option saves you money by providing you with a 90-day supply for just two copays.
Check the formulary approved for your plan and find an in-network pharmacy.
- HMO – Recommended Drug List (PDF)
- Medicare Advantage – Employer Group Formulary (PDF)
- Find a pharmacy
Cost Savings Tip: Ask for generic alternatives to brand-name medications
Health Net Customer Support